HEALTH & SAFETY
- In the process of performing their daily activities take all practicable steps to be sure that these tasks are carried out safely and without causing harm to fellow workers, contractors, customers or the general public.
- In the course of carrying out their activities always strive to eliminate all situations that could lead to injury, and occupational illness. In the event that any hazardous situation cannot be eliminated, Chemwash will seek to isolate and/or minimise it.
- In the course of carrying out their activities establish safe working conditions, promote and define accepted work procedures and make available information and control measures for hazards in the workplace.
- In the course of carrying out their activities seek to emphasise to all operators and employees the need to take the initiative in anticipating, preventing and correcting conditions and practices that could lead to physical harm to themselves or any other person or persons.
- Encourage an early return to work of staff following a workplace injury/illness and will look to proactively manage the rehabilitation process.
- Ask that all staff and any individual or organisation, work with them closely to help realise their commitment to zero accidents and excellence in performing to the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992.
- that ALL accidents and incidents to people, property and product are preventable
- that ALL "At Risk Behaviour" is unacceptable
- that ALL employees are empowered to prevent "At risk behaviour"
Given the above, we commit as a matter of POLICY to:
Achieving best practice levels of Safety and Health performance. In doing so, we will create and maintain a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, contractors, customers and visitors, throughout our business.
To achieve this, CHEMWASH will:
- provide and maintain healthy and safe work areas, and safe plant and equipment;
- provide systems and processes of work to minimise the risk of injury to personnel and damage to property, product and equipment;
- seek continuous improvement in safety and health performance;
- implement programmes which minimise waste, conserve resources and protect the equipment, property and product
- comply with all relevant legislative requirements including regulations, standards and codes of practice, and where an appropriate legislative requirements does not exist, implement standards that reflect the Company's commitment to safety and health;
- maintain a consultative approach involving employees, contractors and regulators in the improvement of safety and health
- provide appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision to employees so that they are able to carry out their roles safely and in a manner consistent with the Company's high standards;
- communicate openly on safety and health issues;
- ensure that all employees, contractors and visitors are informed of and understand their obligations in respect of this policy;
- require all managers, supervisors and employees to be accountable for health and safety performance in their area;
- require all employees to follow minimum risk work practices, observe Company rules and procedures, and report workplace hazards, incidents and near misses / hits to their supervisors.
Chemwash Cleaning Ltd is committed to operating as a good corporate citizen. Our core business is exterior cleaning. It is our policy to conduct all activities with a high standard of environmental care.
To achieve this we will:
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance, by establishing objectives and targets and acting on complaints and incidents.
- Minimise consumption or resources and minimise waste (e.g. water, chemicals, petrol).
- Minimise and mitigate the adverse effects of our activities on the environment.
- Minimise the likelihood of accidental discharges of pollutants, and have contingency plans, in the form of emergency procedures, in place to deal with these should they occur.
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- Encourage the purchasing of more sustainable goods and services.
- Align our environmental policy with our Health and Safety Policy.
- influence local government on environmental matters.
- communicate our strategic intent to the wider community.
- Encourage our contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- Avoid, remedy and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts.